Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Inches Apart

I haven’t held your hand in a while now
And that inch of air between our two hands
That was the furthest that we ever where
But the closest we’ll ever be

I haven’t held your hand in a while now
But I’ve kept everything you’ve given me
From every heart ache to each candy wrapper
I kept them in you box of lies

I haven’t held your hand in a while now
Love to you would never be me
But a girl of god and a chaste life
And I was a liar and a sinner

I haven’t held you hand in a while now
Love to me was a lie worth telling
But never one I could hide
And you were a man of god and I was not

I haven’t held your hand in a while now
Love for us was a Wednesday night church service
Love for us was hip-hop music and gossip
Love for us was complicated and messy

Your hand has never been so far
Your lips have never felt mine
Your heart will never claim mine
Because our love was held in that inch of air between our two hands

I haven’t held your hand in a while now

No comments:

Post a Comment