Thursday, March 3, 2016

Woman

I am here today to speak the truth about being a woman
Let me just start off by saying that yes I am a woman
As a woman, I know I have the face of a baby even when I wear make up
And yes I like to wear make up it makes me feel pretty
I feel pretty when I wear a tight little black dress and some heels
You don’t like how my heels make me above you?
Well I don’t like how your male supremacy makes me below you
Below your ridiculous standards of beauty
Beauty I had before you said “hey pretty girl how you doing?”
I’m doing fine you don’t need to ask because its none of your business
My business is not your business
You are not in the business of telling me how to live my life
How I live is for me, by me, and because of me
Because of me and my body I make the boys walking by with they could grab at my thighs
My thighs are not fat thanks for your questions and concerns
Question this my thighs are pure womanly muscle because yes I work out
Work this out for me why did my boyfriend think it was ok to use my body as his form of therapy
Like I go to therapy too and I work through my problems without trying to get into someone else’s pants
And yes my pants don’t always fit because guess what, I have an ass
My ass I toned, tough, and can kick your ass any day of the week
Don’t mess with my ass because yes I know its beautiful and no you don’t get to touch
I was touch already by hands that I didn’t want
Hands that I didn’t need
I needed the pastor at church the to not say that god wanted me to get raped
Like thank god all I wanted to know was that god had planned on my body becoming a mans play toy
How about you find a different toy because my body is not, never will be, and never has been your toy for the taking
Taking a second to think about it, I am a woman
A woman with a plan
Like I plan on telling you when your hands wander too far up my skirt
Like my skirt is not an open door for you to poke your head into
Like if you wanted to get some head maybe you should find a different woman
Like my woman is more woman than you know what to do with
Like you know what I look damn hot in my sweatpants and hoodies
Like yes I wear hoodies because no you don’t need to see my boobs all the time
Like my boobs are just that my boobs not yours to use as a pillow
Like my pillow holds dreams of days when you don’t comment on my body
Like my body is beautiful
A beautiful woman who doesn’t need a man to tell her she’s beautiful
I’m beautiful, I know it, I have known it, I will continue to know it because without this affirmation my body would fall victim to the man who though my body was his body to have and to hold until he thought he would get caught
Because if he got caught then they would know how he was a lousy, disgusting, rapist who took advantage of a little girl
Well, little girls not so little anymore, little girl goes to therapy, little girl takes anti depressants, little girl resist suicide attempts, little girl doesn’t know what her boyfriend will say about her rape, little girl wants to drive her car off the road sometimes, little girl listens to rape jokes, little girl has anxiety, little girl fell in love once, little girl has a panic attack when a boy says he likes her, little girl rose above all that, little girl wants to be happy

Because maybe if she was happy the world would believe that she is a woman now and no one messes with this woman

1 comment:

  1. This piece is so powerfully written. I hope the little girl get all the happiness she deserves, and the woman too.

    ReplyDelete