Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Summer Tan

You stay with me like a summer tan line that never fades
The color inked on my skin from four years ago
I can see my reflection in the tint of your sunglasses
You stay with me like a summer tan line that never fades
The water would slip in beads off your skin
I can hear the sound of the jet ski in the distance
You stay with me like a summer tan line that never fades
The summer fun never lasted longer than those two months
I can remember the grip I had on you, I had you wrapped around me finger
You stay with me like a summer tan line that never fades
The color of my skin fading darker
You left this dark could over my body 
And I never saw the sun
You stay with me like a summer tan line that never fades 
So until next summer
I'll keep this tan hidden from the sun

No comments:

Post a Comment