Friday, September 23, 2016

I Remember

I don't remember that night
But I still feel everything you did
I didn't know what to say
But I remember giving it a name
I can't remember what happened
But I know what followed
I don't remember that night
But I remember the pizza I had for dinner
Or the show that was on the TV
I didn't know what to say
But I remember calling you names
I remember the names they called me
I can't remember what happened
But I remember how it felt
To have you breathing down my spine
I don't remember that night
But I remember the way your hands felt on my waist
I didn't know what to say
But I remember being completely quiet
I can't remember what happened
But I remember how it ended
I might not remember that night
But I do remember the bruises on my hips
I remember rushing to the drug store
I remember crying for eight months straight
I remember the voices
I remember the words
I remember the knife and how it felt on my skin
I don't remember that night
But how could I not
That night was carved in history 
A night I would continue to commemorate 
The night when I was taken from me



No comments:

Post a Comment