Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Old Friend

Hello old friend
How are you
Where have you been,
I would say that I missed you but I stopped lying to myself once you left.  The truth is I've been fine without you.  You don't need to hold my hand.  I'm all grown up now.  Old friend, why did you come back?  Did you not like the dark waste land I banished you to?  I understand, I didn't like it too.  But old friend, I don't live their now, that was back then.  I've found my place in the metaphorical sun among rain clouds and thunderstorms. Old friend, you never liked it here, you should have never come.  I RSVP no plus one to this train ride into the sun.  Old friend, you must go home, I've already won.  This is my home now, so why did you come? I sent you packing when I too packed my bags.  Old friend, why did you follow me?  I'm finding my place in the spot light and you are clouding the sun.  Old friend, I told you I don't miss you, so please take the red eye and be gone.  
Hello old friend
How are you
Where have you been,
I would say that I missed you but I stopped lying to myself once you left.  But your all too familiar embrace makes me question my motives.  Your simple grin can wash away my confidence in one tide.  Your hands felt too strong to hold me up but better used to rip me down.  Old friend, your laugh reminds me of my tears.  I can't recall the last time I felt so at home.  Old friend, I'm sad to say sometimes I miss your company.  
Hello old friend
How are you 
Where have you been
Sincerely,
Your loyal indentured servant

No comments:

Post a Comment