Thursday, September 22, 2016

Packages

You called me again today
For the first time in two months
You called me so I could hear your voice
So I didn't forget
But I didn't answer the phone
You sent me a picture today
For the first time in two months
You sent me a pictures so I could remember what you looked like
So I looked at the picture
And I felt anxiety
You sent me a text to day
For the first time in two months
You sent me a text so I remember what you talked like
I read the text
But I never responded
You sent me a piece of hope today
Covered in anxiety and doubt
And you placed in an envelope and sent it to me
A first class package headed straight for my doorstep
You sent me a piece of your heart every time we talked
But it was always a package I never wanted
At least not anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment