Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Smile

You had a smile that felt like the rain.  With each passing second it would hit me again.  You had a smile that smelled like the forest.  Fresh and crisp with a beautiful view.  You had a smile that looked like the fall.  Like freshly fallen leaves and a cool breeze.  You had a smile that reminded me of home.  Like I had seen it a million time before and each time I knew I was safe.  You had a smile that felt like a warm embrace.  It smelled like your cologne and it lingered for just the right amount of time.  You had a smile that looked nothing like the rain.  It was never dreary or down.  It was always as bright as the sun.  You had a smile that took me back to late at night.  When the moon was high above and the clouds had disappeared.  You had a smile that felt like October but looked like July.  Your smile was the brightest star in the night sky.  But the night was always dark.  Maybe that's why I always lost you to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment