Sunday, October 2, 2016

Dreams

The dreams have started again
I knew it was bad when the dreams started
I could see you 
But I couldn't touch you
I was constantly reaching out to feel you
But you slipped through my fingers every time
In the dreams it was all real
In the dreams I could smell your cologne
In the dreams I could see your smile
In the dreams I could touch your tee shirt
In the dreams I could feel your lips
I knew it was bad when the dreams started 
I knew I was in trouble
In the dreams it was all real
But when I woke in the morning
After the dream you disappeared
I was left with a whole
A question
Was it real
Or had the dreams returned
The dreams gave a false sense of hope
The dreams meant you could see me too
The dreams gave me desire
The dreams caused me pain
The dreams have started again
And I couldn't touch you
But I could see you
So maybe it wasn't a dream

No comments:

Post a Comment