Monday, October 10, 2016

Heartless

They say I'm heartless
They say I'm mean
I've learned to ignore it
It's been happening for years
They say I'm heartless
But yet there I am
Worrying over the sick
Aiding to the poor
Hoping for those who have lost theirs
Giving to those who have taken from me
Loving those who have hurt me
They say I'm mean
But still I cry when they do
I hurt when they do
I suffer as they do
I feel the burden of the human condition
In the same way thy do
They say I'm heartless
They say I'm mean
But this exterior wall
It's only for decoration
It's only for protection
I built it to keep people out
But to keep me in
Now here I stand with a sledgehammer in hand
Waiting to knock that wall down
They say I'm heartless
They say I'm mean
But somehow I think you would be too
If you were me

2 comments: