Thursday, October 13, 2016

Petty Games

These petty games of he said she said were all too much for me.  It was not my relationship.  It was never my relationship.  So how the communication if it fell on me was beyond belief.  I don't care what you find to be the truth.  I don't care what he said.  All I care is that I am left out of the middle.  But that was never the case.  Somehow I was always standing in the middle of the battlegrounds.  With all the ammunition surrounding me.  I was the white flag the was waving in the wind.  Begging both armies to please hold their fire.  I was not equipped to fight this war.  However it seemed that I had been enlisted 18 years ago.  Put on the front lines.  Told to shout orders and make decisions.  This was war they were fighting before I joined the force.  Petty games of mixed up twenty year olds turned into the war of child soldiers.  And I was the general of each side and Switzerland at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment