Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Reality

I was never based in reality
I always seemed to be living in dreams
Living in worlds created in my mind
Hoping that one day one of them would be real
I never liked reality
Harsh deadlines
Time just ticking away
Reality didn't suit me
I found solace in the imagination
In the made up
My friends had names that I created
Pieces of me in their personalities
I thrived in reality
I found my excellence in the unknown
The worlds I created
I was the ruler and I could change anything with the stroke of a pen
I was never based in reality
Sure you might see me standing in front of you
But my mind was living a different life
Under a different name
With different problems
And different loves
This alternate reality was what I always wanted
But what never seem to come 

No comments:

Post a Comment