Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sunday

3:00pm
Cold coffee in a mug
Music streaming through the headphones
And a silent room around me
This was what Sunday felt like
Sunday was cold room
Wrapped in a blanket
Comfy chairs
Sunday held me close
Like a friend that I hadn't seen in a while
The cold coffee reminded me of a cold winters day
This music took me back to road trips
3:00pm on a Sunday was made for only a few
While the rest slept 
And took comfort in their beds
I took comfort with a book 
In a world I had just traveled to
3:00pm on a Sunday was for movies and popcorn
Or a quite cafe with mood music
I found solace in the quite room
With the music in my head
And these words on this page
And the cold coffee in my mug
3:00pm
Sunday was always the day that gave me hope
Sunday was my day to remember
Sunday was my day
And today 
You felt like Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment