Friday, October 7, 2016

The Phone Call

I called him today.  I didn't want to talk to him but I called anyway.  This wasn't supposed to end in tears.  But these things always did.  I called him today.  He sounded the same to me.  He sounded like a warm cup of coffee.  I called him today.  I had a problem and maybe he could fix it.  He was normally the one causing my problems.  I called him today.  And he told me that everything wasn't alright.  He told me that he used to try.  I called him today.  I had to explain my life to him.  I told him that I was holding everything together.  I called him today.  And he answered the phone.  He said it was a surprise.  I called him today because he never called me.  I left him a novel on my life and he never called.  He now knew what happened on November 3rd and every day after that.  I called him today and I told him everything he never wanted to hear but everything that he needed to hear.  I called him today.  And for once I walked away with out feeling like a little girl again.  Whose cheek was red and whose eyes were flowing with tears.  I called him today.  I was still afraid.  I am still shaking.  But I called him today and I gained a little confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment