Thursday, October 6, 2016

Unqualified

They said you're too young
That I wouldn't understand these things
That their conversations would not be relevant
As if I knew nothing
As if I was a child
They said you're too young
You don't understand life yet
You've not lived enough
The world has not had time to mold you into anything yet
They said you're too young
You won't understand my reference
You've not see the things I've seen
You've not enjoyed the things I've enjoyed
They said you're too young
You don't know love
You don't know how to value someone else
You couldn't have loved another human yet
They said you're too young
You don't know pain
To have something taken from you
To be hurt in every way possible
To be lost and confused
They said you're too young 
They told me this because they thought they knew my life
The people who don't know at all
I've not told you the things I've seen
I've not told you the things that have happened
The times when I was alone
The times when I was lost
The times when I was in love
The times when I was hurt
They said you're too young
They thought they knew who I was
They had no clue
They said you're too young
And I said
I'm too young to have seen what I have seen 
To done the things I have done
To love the way I have loved
To hurt the way I have hurt
To lived the way I have lived
But I've done it
And I've lived it
And I've survived it
So I may been too young 
But I am not unqualified 

No comments:

Post a Comment