Friday, November 4, 2016

A Gift

Here it's a gift for you
I grew it myself
It has been nurtured by me
I've tended to it well
But he planted the seed
Here it's a gift for you
I've protected it well
Kept it as safe as can be
But others have cut it down
So I built walls
And barriers
To keep them out
So that they wouldn't hurt it
But they just knocked down those walls
And cut down the tree
Here it's a gift for you
I watered it every day
Made sure it saw the sun
And let it dance in the rain
Here it's a gift for you
I hope you keep it safe
Let it be wild and free
But hold it close
So it wont run away
Here it's a gift for you
It's quite rare
Very little have had it
And non have kept it
Here it's a gift for you
If you choose to accept
Let it fill your heart
And love it at its best
But most of all
Love it at its worst
Because its not always pretty 
But it will always be yours
Here it's a gift for you
I grew it myself
Kept it safe
And let it live
Here it's a gift for you
And its the heart in my chest

No comments:

Post a Comment