Monday, January 16, 2017

I've Cried

I can remember every place I have cried
I can't always remember why
But I can always remember the place
On the bench outside the library
As the students passed me by
On their bikes and skateboards
Going to and from classes
Behind my work
Sitting on the concrete floor
Hugging my knees to my chest
Letting the tears hit the pavement
The people walked the other direction
In an empty room
With all the lights on
And the cold air making me shiver
With a phone pressed to my ear
In my bed
Covered by blankets
With the door locked
And the lights turned off
At my locker
In the school hallway
After being yelled at
And being late to class
There are thousands of others
Spots where the earth has soaked up my tears
It engulfed my pain
It swallowed me whole
And I let it
With each tear the earth took
I lost one
And with each tear
I became lighter
So while I cried
In very public places
I gave up some pain
Each time
I lost myself to the earth
And I became lighter

No comments:

Post a Comment