Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Miles

With each passing mile
Each mile we lost
We grew closer
Closer to hell
Closer to the place I left
I hoped to never return
I hoped to turn my back to it
We drove to something
And away from something
With each mile I lost
I fell
Deep into a hole
The one I crawled out of
The one that held me captive
With each mile I lost
I grew a heavy heart
The one the held me down
The one that weighed a ton
With each mile I lost
I traveled further away
From the place that no one knew
From the place that kept me safe
With each mile I lost
I grew closer to hell
I grew closer to my captivity
I grew closer to him
With each mile I lost
He gained a mile
It was his way of taking things from me
Even now
He took things that weren't his
With each mile I lost
He took a mile
And 200 miles wasn't far enough

No comments:

Post a Comment